Architectural and Builder Services
Contractors, Developers, Facilities/Property managers, and Home Owners can benefit from our design and development of energy efficient residential and Light Commercial building Structures. EBS specializes in both new and renovation work. We have 30 years of experience in construction and knowledge of building materials. A successful project begins by being involved in the early stages of Architectural and Building planning. EBS reviews architectural concept drawings and begins evaluating the design criteria, geographic location, and then develops an energy efficient building envelope and HVAC design. From a simple add on addition to elaborate building architecture, EBS will develop the best possible energy efficient building structure for your budget. Our services include construction document review, detailing, mechanical HVAC system selection and design, project specification writing, alternative energy choices, third party observers, testing, commissioning, and project management.
- Computerized drafting
- Single and multi-family residential properties.
- Luxury apartments.
- Town Houses
- Retail stores
- Shopping malls
- Religious Structures
- Franchise buildings
EBS provides in-house services in energy auditing and building performance. We will evaluate your current energy usage and identify areas were energy conservation efforts will reduce energy consumption. We specialize in resolving exterior water intrusion, building façade and roof system problems. From the interior, we can diagnose your building and make corrective recommendations to improve Indoor air quality, (IAQ) and correct or minimize heating and cooling issues. We are your building doctor!! Our Building Diagnostics services include:
- Residential Combustion Appliance Analysis
- Air infiltration testing, both by (pressure diagnostics and tracer gas).
- Temperature and Humidity data logging.
- Moisture Intrusion Study.
- Infrared imaging and monitoring.
- Roof Moisture Survey.
- In-field window system water testing.
- HVAC performance Study.
- Duct leakage and performance.
- HVAC manual J design.
- Indoor Air Quality.
- Fastener pull testing.
- Masonry movement and mortar analysis.
Out of sight, out of mind does not make for a good evaluation on the performance of a roof system. Even having a 20 year roof warranty, does not mean the system will perform for 20 years without routine annual maintenance. EBS specializes in the testing and design of low sloped, steep sloped and Garden roof systems. We will walk you through the different types of roof systems and explain the advantages and disadvantages of each system as they are tailored to your building structure and budget. EBS will provide pre-deign testing for re-roofing projects and review of the existing roof system for remaining service life or develop an energy efficient design for a new building. Our testing and design services include:
- Infrared and nuclear moisture surveys,(pre and post surveys)
- Electronic Field Vector Mapping.
- Fasteners pull testing.
- Membrane uplift conformance.
- Drainage and flashing performance.
- Design and specifications.
- Construction administration.
EBS has 30 years experience in residential and light commercial/institutional construction. Sometimes, and through no fault of one party, design flaws and contract disputes arise during building construction. EBS will assist Owners, Professionals, Contractors, and Attorneys to sift through the paper work and dialogue of the disputing parties to provide a thorough investigation and evaluation of the problem incident. We provide valuable in-house testing and will oversee independent contractors testing work to support our findings. Our litigation experience extends from the office to the court room. EBS provides expertise in the following areas;
- Envelope and Structural Building design.
- IAQ and HVAC performance.
- Moisture intrusion and mold development.
- Roof system performance and assessment.
- Energy auditing and performance expectations.
- Contract Document Review.